August 21st = Avatar day

Discussion in 'TV / Movies' started by -GPO-Solitaire, Jul 24, 2009.

Share This Page

1. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/comic-con-09-avatar-day-announced/

Personally I can't wait for this movie.
    People at Com Con were amazed at the 20 min footage they seen...:D

2. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

*update*

Looks like the Glasgow Science Center Imax will be showing the 15 minute Avatar preview on Sunday!! ^_^:D^_^

http://www.glasgowsciencecentre.org/avatar3dpreview.aspx

The Science Center has an email comp to win 2 tickets

Daily Record also has a "txt in" comp for 2 tickets running till Wednesday Noon. (see paper for details and terms).

3. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

*WOO* just won 2 tickets to the 3D IMAX preview of Avatar on sunday afternoon ^__^

... Now who else wants to see it? ;)

4. liadbacklad

liadbacklad All donations welcome!

i shall hunt you down!!!

5. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

lol!!

Anyhoo ...

Anyone seen the Official Trailer? it was released today (Apple site crashed and my net connection is crud today!)

6. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

Either no one in scotland want's to see this Avatar preview or i'm bloody lucky ;)

Just got a letter from daily record saying I won their comp too...

Now I got 3 spare tickets for tomorrows screenings.... :) ;) ;)

7. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Im Skint, Bugger Off

Ive seen it already :)

Its on Apples website, its utterly mind popping...

Forbidden Planet were giving tickets away with every purchase on Friday/Saturday for the Imax screening :)

8. LSG501

LSG501 You can call me Levi

watched the trailer, just seems like a cg based anime from japan to me at the moment, nothing especially ground breaking in terms of the plot and the only reason its taken so long is down to the cg, which didn't look a lot better than appleseed or final fantasy advent children, again both from japan based companies and from around 4-5 years ago.

9. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

Ain't it just the 3 min trailer on the apple site, Not the 15 - 20 preview getting shown in the IMAX ?

Anyhoo I can't wait to see it in 3D ^_^

10. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Im Skint, Bugger Off

im utterly glad i didnt go see it at Imax preview, a couple of mates went and they are now wishing they didnt.

11. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

I actually enjoyed it. (well most of it!)

The 3D was bugging me though. it's ok on slow moving, or static shots, but any action and there was loads of flickering and blurring, it started to give me a headache! Glad I never went to see it twice! lol

But the effects were good, the Na'Vi (or however you spell it) did look somewhat realistic. But they still don't know how to get the actors to have correct line of sight when interacting with non-exsistant 3D models (that's a big bug with me!!) lol

But saying that. Would love to see it in plain 2D in the IMAX or in a better 3D theater ^_^

12. Mojo

Mojo Crazy Foo'

This might sound obvious but is Avatar coming out in 2D too? Those of us who do not have binocular vision cannot see, nor get any benefit of 3D films but I still want to see it as the story looks so good.

13. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

it's 2d as well (it will be 2d in most cinemas). I think Glasgow only has 2 places showing it in 3D, one is the IMAX at the Science Center (0_0)

Booking my Ticket for there tomorrow ^_^

dunno if this is good or bad but...

Leona Lewis is singing the theme song to the movie... >_

14. Mojo

Mojo Crazy Foo'

Good, I was curious as the Cineworld in Dundee had it listed but only the preview on the 16th and it was in 3D, don't want to miss out on this. As I said 3D is no good for me so I am just waiting til holographic novels become common place, kinda like Star Trek, but I'll be honest, I'm not holding my breath! :)

Not sure I will let the theme song bother me too much as long as the actual film soundtrack is good, going by Cameron's previous films I would hope it will at least be decent.

I'd love to see it in the IMAX but it appears to be only showing in 3D :(

15. NickB

NickB Old School

Have got tickets for the London IMAX in December, looking forward to it.
    Nick

16. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

Technically....

If you go to one of those 3D versions you can just look through 1 eye and see it in 2D when you are wearing those silly sunglasses :)
    They use polarising lenses rather then LCD shutters (well the Glasgow IMAX uses the cheap lenses) lol!!

The 15min preview started to give me a bit of a sore head, but I think that might have been the drink from the night before still hanging around... >_< lol!!

17. Mojo

Mojo Crazy Foo'

I have tried to watch 3D films at places like Universal and Disneyland etc and it looks extra crap, I found myself noticing the second image and just thinking it looked blurry and off coloured :( not worth the hassle. It's incredibly awkward closing 1 eye for more than 10 mins, never mind 1.5-2 hours+. I think I'll just stick with the old fashioned 2D film.

18. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

With me at the IMAX the center of the image was sharp during normal scenes, but the endges were blurry and flickered. Also in fast action the center also flickered a bit.

Think i'll invest in a "Pirates Eye patch" ^_^ and slide it between my eyes ^_^ Aaaarrh!!

19. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

Ironically one year on... I was just wondering, who is going to see the rerelease? :D

20. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

I've got a ticket to the Glasgow IMAX to see it (never watched it in IMAX) Last time it was Odeon's "Real3D" (I think it's called.)

Going to the 10pm showing, might get a room for the night in Glasgow Rather than the Bus home. Since the Fanboy in me wants to go to Hamley's on the 28th to get Karen Gillan (Dr Who's Amy Pond) autograph ^__^ lol