And they're off...

Discussion in 'Sport' started by jesush++, Mar 16, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Nanaki

Yeah i wanted Rubens to win it as well but it was an amazing drive by Jenson today.

Congrats to him and Ross Brawn.

Have to say I was also very impressed with Kobayashi in his first F1 race. I should think he is in with a shout of getting a full time seat shortly.

2. Osiris

Osiris Gentleman and Scholar

Watching Kobayashi was awesome, reminded me of the days when Samurai Sato would charge around wiping out half the field, very impressive first drive. Although he did make me wince a few times when Jenson tried to pass. What an awesome GP though, a brilliant drive from Button, Vettel and Hamilton from the back. Was brilliant to see some actual overtaking too.

Was also great to see a full on 'square go' between Trulli and Sutil, classic F1 moment.

Congratulations to Button, thouroughly deserving of the title no matter what they all say, and Ross Brawn.........he must be a god of some kind surely?

Some good pub ammo too - This is the second year that car 22 has finished 5th in the Brazilian GP and that that car has been carrying a British driver to his championship.

So if Anthony Davidson rocks up in Bahrain next year in a Lotus, maybe he'll be worth a shout..........

.......actually no, just no..........

3. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

The Trulli Sutil thing was awesome but it was Trullis fault! New teams having to use the Cosworth engine means they will mill around at the back unfortunately.

4. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

Anyone heard if Abu Dhabi will be shown in HD on the BBC? it was a rumour about a week ago.

5. Fat Jez

Fat Jez Master of the High Five!

Not necessarily. The Cosworth engine will not be the same as the one we saw a few years ago. They've plenty of time yet to play around and tweak it before it has to be submitted to the FIA to have it's design frozen

6. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

I heard the results, but haven't seen the race. Might try to see it having heard all that happened on the first lap, a lot more exciting than this season has usually been.

7. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

Well bugger me Abu Dhabi looks awesome!

8. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

Renault are going to test a driver called Bertrand Baguette, great name!

9. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

roflol :rolleyes:

Prize for guessing nationality?

10. Fat Jez

Fat Jez Master of the High Five!

Then you'd be wrong, as he's Belgian :rolleyes:

11. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

Worth putting £1 on Massa I think. For Bahrain and the season. Looks like Ferrari are fastest with McLaren just behind then a gap to Red Bull and Mercedes just behind them.
    But that's coming from the guy that tipped BMW last season ha ha.

12. Osiris

Osiris Gentleman and Scholar

As much as it pains me to say it I think Alonso is going to walk this....

Massa is OK but if the Ferrari is the quick car then Alonso will get the best from it consistantly. I'd dearly love to see some British 1-2's from McLaren though, if they mange that at Silverstone then I don't car what happens for teh rest of the season.

So to summarise, Alonso for Drivers Title, Ferrari for Consturctors and Schumacher looking like an Dad dancing at a disco.....

13. Kynoch

Kynoch Locked and Loaded

Schumacher himself was saying Ferrari are the ones to watch this season and he might possibly be correct, especially with Alonso at the helm.
    As much as I would love to see Mclaren kick some **** with a full British line up and just do not think it will happen.

Roll on Sunday. :D

14. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

this season will be interesting , i say 1st alonso 2nd button and 3rd webber . just my 2 cents

15. jacobzcoool

jacobzcoool Chav Hunter

Will certainly be interesting. I'll have to try and find a way to watch it (no TV thanks to the BBC's ridiculous fee... :mad: )

16. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

With you on the Schumacher thing Osiris, Rosberg will prove more than a match for him. I think Alonso is the better driver I just cant help thinking Massa will do better. I think McLaren will have the car to win but Button and Hamilton have different driving styles, and the car is built for Hamilton so Button will have to get the setup spot on.

17. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

you can watch on the internet . i just googled bbc live and its on their website so i could watch the football :)

18. derekm705

derekm705 Doowak

19. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

Welcome to the only F1 thread worth posting on.

20. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Loving AMD's new AM1 CPU

ooh that was a bit bitter lol