And they're off...

Discussion in 'Sport' started by jesush++, Mar 16, 2008.

Share This Page

1. jesush++

jesush++ Insert witty comment here

2. dogbref

dogbref psycho mutilator of PC's

Lets hope two things for him.
    1, The Media don't do their usual tactic of building someone up and then taking great delight in tearing them to pieces.
    2. He doesn't become yet another Great British also ran.

Best of luck to him for the season. Personally I think he has a great potential and is probably in the right team to nurture it. Would love to see the World Title back on British shores.

3. jon bda

jon bda Mission From God...

Nice to see it was slightly less of a precession than usual with the lack of driver aids...
    :)

4. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

how good is it to see the drivers driving the car. Only 7 cars accross the finish line! so much better with the unified ECU! As a BMW fan nice to see them doing better than they were looking in winter testing but i hope Lewis gets the championship.

5. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

And there off...... to BBC1 next year :D

Woo!! Murrry Walker's curse can strike again! :D

6. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

he was there at ITV too at the beginning.

7. -GPO-Solitaire

-GPO-Solitaire Solitaire

well he was asked when he retired if he would ever commentate again if F1 went to BBC his words were "never say never" :D

8. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

noone douts murry was a great comentator back in the day but to put him in front of a microphone now, it would be like letting grandpa simpson comentate on F1 or to be very sad it would be like running vista on a 486. If this is the last year DC is driving i say get him to do it, with lines like " I'll beet several colours of **** out the little basterd" it would be fantastic.

9. Fireblade

Fireblade Mental Modder[ator]!!

:eek:

I'd wager that Murray Walker coming back to commentate on F1, would breath new life back into the F1 scene here in the UK!

There was/has been nobody quite like him.
    His knowledge of F1 was second to none, and it's unlikely his enthusiastic commentaries will ever be bettered!

OK... so he made some proper gaffs... but he's the first to admit them/laugh at them.

I'd be very happy to welcome him back :cool: But I doubt I'm the only one?
    I shouldn't wonder but there'll be a host of banners, and chants such as "Come back Murray/We want Murray", when the F1 entourage hits Silverstone at the end of the first week in July :D

10. Westy5

Westy5 Space

"BRING BACK MURRAY WALKER"

Oh, wait you said in July, nevermind!

11. Tom

Tom Merrrrrr

Indeed, it's just not the same without Murray on the commentating. I can still remember the excitement in his voice when Mansell won one of his last race, after Hill and Schumacher managed to knock each other out of action, leaving just Mansell to fly through in 1st place (fist shaking in the air as he pulled through.. hehe :D)

Oh, and would the OP like to correct his grammar? 'And they're off...' ;)

12. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

So who thinks Max Mosley should go? I do!! I think this classes as bringing the sport in to disrepute. I always find it strange that the FIA web site has no contact email, I guess because they dont want fans to express their oppinion.

13. Fireblade

Fireblade Mental Modder[ator]!!

I never liked the man anyway, and also think he should go.

He called a meeting though, to find out what everyone else is thinking about the matter, so he's obviously not going to resign/go voluntarily :rolleyes:

Fingers X'd that the powers that be will see sense, and do the 'right' thing?

14. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

isn't someone allowed to do what they want in their private lives ?
    it isn't his fault that someone leaked the story to the papers.

besides, bmw and mercedes have a cheek to say anything, considering their murky past in the whole "nazi" theme.

15. Fat Jez

Fat Jez Master of the High Five!

Yes, but in acting in this manner, he could have been opening himself up to blackmail (before the NOTW blew the story wide open), which can then influence motorsport.

You need to go and read up on who Max Mosely's father was. Hint, look at who attended his parent's wedding.

Stephen

16. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

i'm not really interested in what history max mosley has... at the end of the day it shouldn't have any affect on how he does his job at running motorsport.

my comment was more directed to that BMW and mercedes did during the war, and how that makes their comments sound ludicrous.

17. Fat Jez

Fat Jez Master of the High Five!

Given that Mosely comes from a family of fascists, he of all people should be aware of his actions. I note that he has not denied the story, but is suing for breach of privacy instead.

And since you aren't interested, you won't bother to read this bit:
    Source

Stephen

18. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

yes i know hitler was at one of his "fathers" weddings. the king and queen were at one of his weddings too.

would you like to be tarred with any of your fathers opinions and beliefs?

if he wants to be a facist or a nazi then that is entirely his choice, he is not pushing those opinions upon anyone else is he ?

if he wants to have a nazi themed orgy then good on him i say. what he gets up to in his own time is up to him.

19. Chenks

Chenks Registered Trader

and to add further argument to this hypocritical press we have these days.

i don't recall prince harry getting sacked from all his duties.... and he was out in public dressed up as a nazi !

but i guess it's one rule for some and one rule for others.

20. robpatterson

robpatterson Aqua Artist

when someone takes a job such as presedent of the FIA they represent all the people who put them there, and the presedents actions reflect apon all of them. Taking a job like that means Mosley's privacy is less than other peoples, thats just a fact and privacy laws will not have any affect. Mosley's actions reflect upon all motor sport covered by the FIA and all people involved. If he does not like the lack of privacy then he should quit, not saying the NOTW was corect to do what it did, its just not a shock that a paper printed a shock story about someone in the public eye.
    As far as Mercedes BMW go they are just names. Both of them and a Mosley were involved with nazi stuff a long time ago. Only one is involved in nazi stuff now. Prince Harry cant really be sacked but yes it was bloody stupid.