"A History of Violence" and "Serenity"

Discussion in 'TV / Movies' started by Feldman, Oct 7, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Feldman

Feldman Cod'ead

Went to see both these films yesterday.

A History of Violence:

Don't bother! Just, honestly, don't bother. It's awful. I like a Cronenburg film as much as the next cinema-goer and I like a lot of the cast but this is a really dire film. It just leaves you asking "WTF???" afterwards. 2 out of 10. :mad:

Serenity:

Not a bad little film. It's not exactly cerebral, but the best comparison I can make is to "Starship Troopers"- lots of CGI, lots of one-liners and some fair witty remarks. It's not challenging cinema but it is entertaining. Worth a look. 6 out of 10. ;)

2. mhod42

mhod42 Bad Tempered Baby

Serenity was ace. :D :D :D Just got back from the cinema. very enjoyable and easy to watch. Also quite amusing in places. What Star Wars should have been. 9/10 :cool:

3. Rchiileea

Rchiileea Kustom Member

lol exactly my thoughts with HOV terrible go watch somthing deicent like the buisness.

as for Serenity well tbh honest i just finished watching the series all 15 episodes of it... havnt seen the film yet though may go some time this week.

BTW the series is called firefly

4. Moldiver

Moldiver The Snake To Your Solid

Seen both this week with g/f we both liked them, hov was okay and the ending dident really bothe me now i though serenity was an awsome film well worth everyone going to see it!

5. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Im Skint, Bugger Off

just finished watching the Firefly tv series, so will go see Serenity tomorrow hopefully :)

6. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Im Skint, Bugger Off

just back from Serenity....and to say its dull, boring and rather crap was an understatement....so liked the TV series this was such a let down :(

7. Oblivion

Oblivion v 2.1

I agree, was just getting into it and it just finishes. Not as good as the trailors made out.

Ed Harris was good and the main reason i wanted to see it, but he is hardly in it.

I like the Chrysler Ed Harries drives around in, i want one!

Overall 4 out of 10

8. Essay @ Kustom

Essay @ Kustom I friggin' hate Pod 6

I really loved Serenity when I saw it (g/f sorta enjoyed it, but she doesn't like any movies with bits that make her jump. And with Reavers popping up and nightmares and what-have you, she jumped a fair bit.) but I also loved Firefly.

Before I watched Firefly I didn't really have high hopes for it, as I'm not a huge Whedon fan (I enjoyed the first series or two of Angel and maybe a couple of Buffy episodes) but Firefly was just a phenominal series.

It seems to be all I do these days, when the topic of TV series arises, is try to convince everyone in earshot to watch it. I know that if they watch the pilot (the proper, "Serenity" episode pilot, not "Bank Job" (not to say I don't like "Bank Job", I do, its just not as good as a pilot. Its prob best if I save episode discussion/dissection for a Firefly specific thread)) that they would love it (or hate it if they were wierd, but either way, from that one episode, you'd know.)

So, needles to say, anyone reading this that hasn't seen Firefly, I heartily suggest you start making headways into aquiring it. And then buying the DVDs, once you like it, of course. ^_^