kustomlogo  

Go Back   Kustom PC's Forums > Computers > Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 31-07-2006, 17:24   #1
S.K.
Kustomer

How can i see all computers connected to my router?

We now have 3 PC's a laptop and a PDA that can all connect to the router, yay...

Is there anywhere i can see what devices are connected, and can i communicate with them?
S.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 17:39   #2
latency
Existentialist

Most routers will display a list of wireless devices conencted, and some also display the wired devices. Look for the Mac Address Filtering / Access control.

Under windows you could also go to My Network Places, then click 'view workgroup computers' on the left hand panel to browse network machines.

Rig FX-6 6200 @ 4GHz (Zalman 9900m HSF) - Radeon HD5850 @ 775MHz (XFX Heatpipe HSF)
MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz - Corsair CX 430watt - 22" LG 16:10
Cooler Master ATCs 201b - Blacked interior - Twin 80mm BLED intake & exhaust - Lamptron Touch

latency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 17:43   #3
UbT
Formerly NapsterUK

Send a message via AIM to UbT Send a message via MSN to UbT
or if the router dosent display whats connected. Then you could always Ping the Ip's of the computers.
Start > Run > CMD > then type 'Ping Computer IP'. But im sure that theres some scripts around and stuff.
Media Center: Antec P180 Silver Case, Asus A8N Premium Motherboard, AMD 64bit 3700+ San Diego Core, Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, 1Gb Kingston Ram, 500GB Segate, 120GB Maxtor Hard drive, ThermalTake 430W PurePower, Hauppauge Nova-T- USB2, Radeon 256Mb Graphics Card.
UbT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 17:46   #4
S.K.
Kustomer

Nope, they dont work, good ideas though.

Use the netgear RangeMax, ooh.
Set to 'Point (Infrastructure)'

The only pc i see on the network is me
Old 31-07-2006, 18:12   #5
Bootup05
Bootup05

You can get to see them via the Network places, if you select the UPNP devices your router should show up (providing it's a UPNP device)
Double click it and you can get to you administation page, then just look for attached devices, should show all the network systems that are on the network.

You could also try and do it from windows, Can sometimes be a bit tricky if you have built in firewalls and stuff.

Go to network places > view workgroup computers (on the left side)
Bootup05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 18:35   #6
S.K.
Kustomer

I totally found out how to see all computers on my network.
Type in my routers IP, and log in. YAY.

Thanks y'all.
Old 31-07-2006, 18:57   #7
Moira
Super Kustomer

Send a message via AIM to Moira Send a message via MSN to Moira Send a message via Yahoo to Moira Send a message via Skype™ to Moira
I assumed when I started reading this that you were looking at your router's homepage to begin with

Edit Just to say a bit more re bootup05's post, you'd need to make sure UPnP was installed from Windows Components first, via Add/Remove programs. Scroll down the list and select Networking Services > Details, then check Internet Gateway Device Sidcovery and Control Client and UPnP User Interface if they aren't checked already. Enabling the User Interface would show any UPnP devices on your system in My Network Places.

How to ASK QUESTIONS

Last edited by Moira; 31-07-2006 at 20:31.
Moira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 19:54   #8
georDIE
Irregular Kustomer

Nmap is the best way to find out what's on your network. If you don't have a linux box, there are ways to make it work in Windows...
Old 04-08-2006, 21:35   #9
shifty.ricky
Indian Name: Rants Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapsterUK
or if the router dosent display whats connected. Then you could always Ping the Ip's of the computers.
Start > Run > CMD > then type 'Ping Computer IP'.
If you dont know what is connected how do you know the IP of the computers?

Also is that command the same as in the films when they type "access secret files"

In Soviet Russia signature edits Forthy!
...and I love Forthy
shifty.ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 22:34   #10
georDIE
Irregular Kustomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty.ricky
If you dont know what is connected how do you know the IP of the computers?
That's why nmap is so useful, it will tell you all of the ip addresses in a given range that show a response, as well as what ports are open. It comes in very handy if an idiot customer a couple of hundred miles away decides to set a printer to use DHCP...

Also I think you're right about the film connections - IIRC it was used by Trinity in either the Matrix Reloaded or Revolutions.
Old 05-08-2006, 19:25   #11
Moira
Super Kustomer

Send a message via AIM to Moira Send a message via MSN to Moira Send a message via Yahoo to Moira Send a message via Skype™ to Moira
It's pretty easy to guess the possible IP addresses of the computer, if you know what your router homepage is. Wifi hackers do it all the time, once they've managed to access an unsecured wireless network. Can't you browse for computers on the network by adding a network place and searching for connected PCs?

How to ASK QUESTIONS
Moira is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: