simpsons all the way!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a house
The simpsons non main character's
I have decided out of pure boredom to create a simpsons non main character's list these are the ones ive got can you think of anymore?
cookie kwan-real estate agent
lindsey nagel-a woman in short skirt also known to be a sex predator
crazy cat lady-throws cats at people
the yessssssss man-has many different jobs
jasper-lives at the retirement home
sherri and terri-2 twins
hugo-barts evil (supposedly) twin brother
comic book guy-works at the comic book shop
clarrisa wellington-a finalist on the little star maker contest
katie anderson-the first to go in the little star maker contest
booberella-a tv dracula
troy mclure-a tv host
ruth powers-marge's friend
cameron a.k.a jhonny rainbow-another finalist in the little star maker contest
baby gerald-maggies enemy
martin prince-the school nerd
data-another school nerd
cletus and brandine spuckler (formerley delroy)-two yokels
<insert witty comment>
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Nottingham/Bedford, UK
Bumble Bee man/guy
Unable to open LEVI.ZIP - continue running TAKELEAK.EXE? (Y/N)
Join Date: Apr 2006
Ralph Wiggum "Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!"
Rodd and Todd Flanders
Itchy and Scratchy
Kang and Kodos
Crazy cat lady
Uter (german kid, loves chocolate)
Sea captain "Yar matey's!"
Rainier Wolfcastle! (the guy who does all the movies)
The guys sitting at the bar in Moe's
Cletus the hillbilly (and all his children)
Can't think of any more but there are quite a few of them
Water Cooling FTW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Devon, England
Lenny and Carl.
Luwelin Sinclaire (that director guy)
Sideshow Lou Perry
Melissa Stanky (I think it's mellisa, milhouses girl friend)
I'll think of more later.
Last edited by SoapSud; 23-04-2006 at 20:21.
^My Name What I'm Saying>
Comic Book Guy
Can't think of no more.
2500K@4.3GHz (Cooled by Corsair H60) | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | 8GB XMS3 | Gainward GTX570 GLH Edition
Antec TruePower New 750 Watt PSU | 1TB WD Black SATA III | Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD Boot | Xigmatek Utgard (Windowed) | 23" AOC 1080p LED Monitor | Sharkoon FireGlider Mouse | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Christmas All Year Round!
Do i win?
Origin of the names
People from Springfield in "The Simpsons" are called "Springfieldians", (on the WWW you will also find "Springfieldianites" but not on the official website) a combination of different word endings describing a citizen, "-ite" and "-ian" Many of the characters in the Simpsons take their names from important people and places in Groening's life:
* Lisa – Lisa Groening (Matt Groening's sister)
* Marge – Margery (commonly called Marge) Groening (his mother)
* Homer – Homer Groening (his father and one of his sons). Trivia: A character in the 1939 novel The Day of the Locust, by Nathanael West, is coincidentally named Homer Simpson.
* Maggie – Maggie Groening (one of his sisters)
* Bart – an anagram for "brat", a reference to Groening himself and to Dennis the Menace
* Abraham – picked at random by writers for The Simpsons, but coincidentally was the name of Matt Groening's grandfather
* 742 SW Evergreen Terrace in Portland, Oregon is the address of the place where Matt Groening grew up. In an episode from season four, 742 Evergreen Terrace is the home of Snake, the robber, located next door to Reverend Lovejoy however it is commonly accepted that this is in fact the home of the Simpsons. Marge once called Evergreen Terrance "The street that smells like pee".
* Clancy Wiggum – Groening's college love's last name and his mother's maiden name
* Miss Hoover (Lisa's teacher) – one of his primary school teachers
* Moe – Matt Groening's former drug rehab counselor
* Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (Kwik-E-Mart owner) – reference to the famous Apu trilogy of Satyajit Ray--a favorite of Groening's.
* Ned Flanders – In northwest Portland, Oregon, Groening's hometown, there is a NW Flanders St.
* Reverend Lovejoy - NW Lovejoy Street, another Portland street name
* Mayor "Diamond" Joe Quimby - NW Quimby Street, another Portland street name, and corrupt former Portland Police Bureau Chief Diamond Joe Purcell.
* C. Montgomery Burns - an abbreviated Portland street called West and East Burnside Street, as well as Portland's Montgomery Park neighborhood.
* Sideshow Bob Terwilliger - Terwilliger Boulevard and the Terwilliger curves on I-5 in Portland.
* The "J" in Homer J. Simpson, Bartholomew J. Simpson, Abraham J. Simpson, et al- Reference to Bullwinkle J. Moose and therefore, by proxy, Jay Ward. The actual initial (at least in Homer's case) stands for "Jay".
* Kearney, the bully, is named for NW Kearney St, also located in Portland.
* Dolph, the bully, is named is named after Groening’s classmate Dolph Timmerman. Groening has said that Timmerman wasn’t a bully at all, but a “really cool guy. However Timmerman, now at teacher at PS 123 in New York City, is now being arraigned on sex abuse charges after three 10 year old girls alleged he inappropriately touched them as reported by CBS News
Other name origins
* Seymour Skinner – A reference to Eugene Skinner, the founder of Eugene, Oregon, Groening's college town (neighboring Springfield, Oregon), and the namesake of Skinner Butte, a well-known hill therein. Also behavioral psychologist B. F. Skinner, especially considering his Psycho-esque relationship with his mother, or a reference to "see more skin". Also, Skinner is drawn very similar to Groening's 5th grade teacher.
* Maude, Rod and Todd Flanders – they all rhyme with "God" (Maude being pronounced 'Mod' in certain North American accents).
* Kang and Kodos (aliens) – In the original Star Trek, Kang is a Klingon, and Kodos ("The Executioner") is a human villain. A third alien (seen only in the aliens' first appearance in the original Treehouse of Horror episode) was named "Serak", similar to Vulcan characters Sarek and Surak.
* Barney Gumble (Homer's drinking buddy) – Barney Rubble from The Flintstones.
* Dr. Nick Riviera (enterprising physician) – Elvis Presley's physician, George C. Nichopoulos, was called Dr. Nick. He prescribed the large amount of pills that eventually killed Elvis.
* Milhouse Van Houten – notorious 1960s figures Richard Milhous Nixon and Manson Family member and convicted murderer Leslie Van Houten (or, far more likely, Van Houten Avenue in Portland, Oregon).
* Jacqueline Bouvier: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
* Patty and Selma: Olympic gold medal winning track & field athlete Stella Walsh who, following her death, was found to be genetically intersex from the autopsy.
* Troy McClure (actor) – B-movie actors Troy Donahue and Doug McClure.
* Laszlo Panaflex: When Troy McClure gets a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, he says that Selma will soon have the star next to his, "so you better look out, Laszlo Panaflex!" (the name on the star next to his). The name probably refers to cinematographer László Kovács, who used a Panaflex camera on some of his films.
* Police officer Lou was named after baseball player Lou Whitaker.
See also: Who's Who in Springfield
The Simpson family
* Homer Jay "Homie" Simpson, father (1987-present).
* Marjorie "Marge" Simpson (née Bouvier), mother (1987-present).
* Bartholomew Jo-Jo "Bart" Simpson, son (1987-present).
* Lisa Marie Simpson, daughter (1987-present).
* Margaret "Maggie" Simpson, baby daughter (1987-present).
* Sergeant Abraham "Abe" J. Simpson, Homer's father (1988-present).
o Mason Fairbanks, believed to be Homer's biological father, though Abe had switched DNA samples so Homer could have a 'better' father (Homer's Paternity Coot, 2006)
* Mona J. Simpson, Homer's mother (1995 (Mother Simpson), 2003 (My Mother the Carjacker))
* Jacqueline "Jackie" Bouvier, Marge's mother (1990-present).
* Clancy Bouvier, Marge's father, seen only in flashbacks and currently believed dead due to a freak roller coaster accident.
* Selma Bouvier Terwilliger Hutz McClure Stu, one of Marge's sisters, a twin to Patty (1989-present).
* Ling Bouvier, Selma's daughter, who was adopted from China (2005 Goo Goo Gai Pan)
* Patty Bouvier, the other of Marge's sisters, a twin to Selma; has been revealed to be a lesbian (1989-present).
* Herbert "Herb" Powell, Homer's half-brother (1991 (Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?) and 1992 (Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?))
* Gladys Bouvier, Marge's deceased aunt
* Abbie, Homer's English half-sister
* Amber, Homer's Vegas wife
* Maggie Junior, Maggie's daughter (in one episode set in the future)
* Uncle Arthur, Bart's rarely-spoken-of uncle who put his “Shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out” theory into practice one grey December morn. "It took eight federal marshals to bring him down."
* "Uncle Hubert", a Simpson relative whose funeral the family attended in the Tracey Ullman short "The Funeral".
* Uncle Tyrone, Homer's miserable old uncle who lives in Dayton, Ohio.
* Marge also has at least one uncle, with whom she had to share her diary.
* Homer's cousin Frank. He later became Francine, joined a cult, and then went by the name Mother Shabooboo
* Great Aunt Hortense. The Simpsons were her only living relatives and so stood to inherit her entire estate. Instead they received $100 each and the rest went to Ann Landers. She was never seen before or after.
* Cyrus Simpson, Abraham Simpson's older brother. Cyrus crashed his fighter into Tahiti in World War II's Pacific Theatre during a kamikaze raid. He has 15 wives.
* "Hick cousins" who are related to the Simpsons because their dog is the brother of Santa's Little Helper
* Hugo, Bart's evil twin brother (Treehouse Of Horror XII)
* Various relatives seen. All Simpson men are failures and resemble Homer. Jobs held by male relatives include CEO of unsuccessful shrimping company and stepping in front of cars to sue the drivers. Simpson women are intelligent and successful, one is a doctor.
* Snowball, cat (deceased)
* Snowball II, longlived cat (deceased, see Snowball IV) (1989-2004)
* Snowball III, cat (deceased)
* Coltrane, cat (deceased)
* Snowball V, cat, a.k.a. Snowball II (2004-present)
* Santa's Little Helper, greyhound (1989-present), credited as Santos L. Halper in the episode The Canine Mutiny
* Laddie, rough collie, super-dog, male version of Lassie mail ordered from Vermont, owned by Bart, now a police dog
* Princess, pony, owned by Lisa, now belongs to stable-owner
* Duncan/Furious D., racehorse, owned by Homer
* Blinky - Three eyed fish rescued from nuclear plant waters, deceased, cooked by
Christmas All Year Round!
Marge, partially consumed by Mr. Burns
* Stampy, elephant, owned by Bart, now living with other elephants in an animal refuge
* Jub-Jub, iguana, owned by Selma, inherited from Aunt Gladys Bouvier
* Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior, Bolivian tree lizards, owned by Bart, now escaped and wild
* Mojo, helper monkey, owned by Grampa (for a few seconds), Homer (and Prof. Frink)
* Pinchy, lobster, owned by Homer (deceased, consumed by Homer)
* Unnamed, screamapillar, an endangered lepidoptera
* Goldie, a goldfish that lived from August to September
* Snuffy, hamster owned by Lisa (deceased)
* Variously named (Rover, Fido, Rex, Spot, Rover II, Fido II, Rex II, Cleo, Dave, Jay, Paul, Branford, Dave II, Jay II, Paul II, Branford II, Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy, Donner, Blitzen, Grumpy II, King, Queenie, the dog formerly known as Prince) 25 true-bred greyhounds, offspring of Santa's Little Helper and "Tex" O'Hara's She's The Fastest
* Variously named, a few greyhound/poodle mixed-breeds, offspring of Santa's Little Helper and Dr. Hibbert's poodle Rosa Barks
* Ozmodiar, a tiny green alien that only Homer can see (in parody of The Great Gazoo on The Flintstones)
* Mr. Porky, Homer's potbelly pig referred to in the "Behind the Laughter" episode.
* Peruvian Fighting Frog, owned by Bart but got in altercation with Milhouse's Peruvian Fighting Frog enroute to show and tell (from "Brake My Wife Please" ep.1420). Fighting style is slap fighting.
* Nibbles, the hamster whom Homer, Bart and Milhouse (and the three nerds from Springfield U) launch into space. Also his wife and two (living) children (the other three were eaten by his wife).
* Cinnamon, childhood pet guinea pig of Marge, died after chewing through extension cord.
See also: The Simpsons family tree
The Flanders family
* Nedward "Ned", father, owner of Leftorium (1989-present).
* Maude, mother (deceased) (1990-2000).
* Rod, son (1990-present).
* Todd, son (1989-present).
* Grandma Flanders (senile and decrepit many years earlier; likely deceased)
* Mr. Bunny, rabbit, (deceased)
* Unnamed, woodpecker (Woody Woodpecker knock-off)
* Mr. Glas****, teacher (retired)
* Mrs. Blumenstein, teacher, debate team coach
* Mr. Sikorsky, shop teacher
* Mrs. Cummerdale, gym teacher
* Mrs. Pummelhorse, gym teacher
* Mrs. Holmes-Indigo, science teacher
* Mr. Tito Puente, music teacher (retired, deceased)
* Mr. Bergstrom, substitute teacher while Miss Hoover was away (Lisa had a crush on him)
* Abe Simpson, Jasper, John Frink, Moe Syszlak and Marge Simpson (temporary substitute teachers during a teacher's strike)
* Mr. Estes, yearbook advisor (deceased)
* Mr. Kupferberg, the french teacher who can't speak French. 'J'accuse, Monsieur Kupferberg!' - Lisa Simpson (to which he responded in a Brooklyn accent, 'What is she yakkin' about?').
* Unnamed, Ned's beatnik father (seen in flashbacks)
* Mona Flanders, Ned's beatnik mother (seen in flashbacks, possibly Grandma Flanders)
* Unnamed, Ned's sister (lives in Capital City)
* Ginger, Ned's Vegas wife
* Ned's multi-continental extended family:
o José Flanders (known for his one line, "Buenos ding-dong diddly dias, señor!")
o Lord Thistlewick Flanders, known to be the only Flanders without the habit of nonsense phrases, however he adds one when elbowed by Ned. ("Charmed... eh, a oogily, googily.")
o Unnamed, Ned's Canadian counterpart.
The Van Houten family
* Kirk, former Southern Cracker factory manager, was unemployed or variously so, has apparently been released from jail (17th season episode, 'Milhouse of Sand and Fog') where he was held under false kidnapping charges; former member of the United States Army.
* Luann, ex-wife who Kirk has recently reunited with.
* Milhouse, son, Bart's best friend (1989-present).
* Milhouse's uncle, Army Black Hawk pilot, possibly court-martialed for inappropriately using a Black Hawk helicopter.
* Nana Van Houten, mother of Kirk and grandmother of Milhouse. Lives in an apartment on 257th Street. She has skin like a basketball.
* Grandpa Van Houten, divorce from Milhouse's grandmother. He owns a RV. He and his new wife travel the country searching for adventure. He won a chili cook-off in Beaumont, Texas.
* Sophie, Milhouse's grandmother, who lives in Tuscany, Italy.
* *******o, Milhouse's uncle, son of Sophie and an American GI.
* Pyro (aka Chase), American Gladiator and as of September 2005 the former boyfriend of Luann,who was caught cheating on him with best friend Gyro.
The Nahasapeemapetilon family
* Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Kwik-E-Mart convenience store employee and proprietor, plus doctor in Computer Sciences (1990-present).
* Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon, wife (1997-present).
* Their octuplets (with assumed stage names) [their names when Springfield changed its name to Liberty-ville]:
o Poonam (Dazzle) [Apple Pie]
o Sashi (the rest)[Pepsi]
o Pria (the rest) [Manifest Destiny]
o Uma (the rest) [Condoleezza]
o Anoop (Animal) [Superman]
o Sandeep (Punchline) [Lincoln]
o Nabendu (the rest) [Coke]
o Gheet (The Baron) [Freedom]
* Sanjay Nahasapeemapetilon, Apu's brother
* Pahusacheta, Sanjay's daughter
* Jamshed, Sanjay's son
* Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilon, Apu's mother
* Amber the Squishee Lady, who checks and refills the Kwik-E-Mart's Squishee machine. Apu had an affair with her.
The Wiggum family
* Clancy Wiggum, incompetent chief of police (1990-present).
* Sarah Wiggum, wife
* Ralph "Ralphie" Wiggum, son (1991-present).
* Ralph's "baby brother" - actually a pine cone
* Magical Leprechaun (Ralph's imaginary friend who tells him to burn things)
* Iggy Wiggum, possibly Chief Wiggum's father, mentioned as part of the Flying Hellfish Squadron in Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"
* Mark Wiggum, Chief Wiggum's cousin who went to Penn State and is really into Tetris.
The Hibbert family
* Dr. Julius Hibbert, Simpson family doctor, graduated from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1990-present)
* Bernice, wife, recovering alcoholic
* unnamed children, including at least two sons and one daughter
* It is implied that Bleeding Gums Murphy is Dr. Hibberts' younger brother.
* It is also implied that the Shelbyville adoption agency clerk in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? is his long lost twin brother.
Christmas All Year Round!
* Rosa Barks, poodle. Appears to be named after Rosa Parks.
The Hibbert family is based on the Huxtable family from The Cosby Show. Dr. Julius Hibbert's laugh is based on Barney Rubble of The Flintstones.
The Prince family
* Martin Sr., stock trader
* Martha, mother of Martin
* Martin, son (1990-present).
The Lovejoy family
* Timothy, reverend of First Church of Springfield (1990-present).
* Helen, wife, town gossip
* Jessica, daughter, trouble-maker, former love interest of Bart
The Spuckler (or Delroy) family
* Cletus, slack-jawed yokel (1994-present).
* Brandine, wife, and sister of Cletus
* Tiffany, Heather, Cody, Dylan, Dermot, Jordan, Taylor, Brittany, Wesley, Rumor, Scout, Cassidy, Zoe, Chloe, Max, Hunter, Kendall, Caitlin, Noah, Sasha, Morgan, Kyra, Ian, Lauren, Q-Bert, Phil, Condoleeza Marie, and Rubella Scabies.
* Ma, Cletus's mother
* DiaBetty, cousin
* Cousin Merl, cousin
* Curly Sue, indeterminate relative
* Bart and Lisa Simpson, former adopted children
Gummy Sue - Cletus's other girlfriend/cousin/both who gets a new tooth at the hockey match.
* Geech, smellhound (accidentally buried alive in concrete)
The Carstairs family
* Admiral Carstairs, society patron
* Lady Carstairs, wife, society matron
* Wendy Orleans Carstairs, daughter, debutante, introduced to Larry Burns at her coming out party to which he responded "Put her back in, she's not done yet!"
The Powers family
* Ruth Powers, divorced mother and neighbour of the Simpsons.
* Laura Powers, Ruth's daughter and Bart falls in love with her.
Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
* Charles Montgomery "Monty" Burns, owner (1989-present).
o Larry Burns, illegitimate son. (voiced by the late Rodney Dangerfield)
o Mrs. Burns, 122 year-old mother.
o Bart Simpson, lived with Burns for one episode.
* Waylon J. Smithers Jr., executive assistant, sycophant/lickspittle/toady (1990-present).
o Waylon Smithers, Sr. (deceased), father and professional predecessor.
* Homer Simpson, safety inspector in Sector 7-G. Briefly owner of the plant.
* Lenny Leonard (1990-present). Homer's co-worker in Sector 7-G. Brief tyrannical overseer of the plant when Burns lost all his money.
* Carl Carlson (1990-present). Homer's co-worker and former supervisor in Sector 7-G.
* Charlie, Homer's co-worker in Sector 7-G.
* Zutroy, an illegal immigrant sent to work there and is caught by Department of Labor agents.
* Bart Simpson, son of Homer Simpson, briefly replaces Homer while the latter is serving as a missionary somewhere in Central America.
* Tibor, general company scape-goat due to his inability to speak English, promoted ahead of Homer.
* Gummy Joe
* Unnamed man with extraordinarily large hand
* Stewart, a duck hired as a cheap courier
* Inanimate Carbon Rod, became famous for saving the spaceship Homer was on, named Worker of the Week
* Jack Marley (retired)
* Mindy Simmons, formed a close friendship with Homer which tempted him almost to adultery.
* Frank Grimes, a.k.a. Grimey (deceased), killed self while angrily denouncing Homer in a fit of insanity
o Frank Grimes Jr., son.
* Karl, former executive assistant of Homer, (dismissed) (voiced by Harvey Fierstein)
* Pops Freshenmeyer
* Father of Sherri and Terri (name not known, but had supervisory role over Homer until Homer's promotion)
* Blinky, three-eyed fish, sometime mascot, one of many so mutated due to power plant's radiation
* Marge Simpson, wife of Homer Simpson, hired because of power plant's lack of female employees.
* Talented Dog from T.V. show
* An entire Brazilian soccer team has been noted as working in the reactor core. (When the Nuclear Regulatory Commission criticized Mr. Burns on this, he replied "That plane crash landed on my property!")
* Unnamed worker (Guillermo?) who Mr. Burns thought his son Rolando is his son Ronaldo (a comic remark to anger Homer because Mr. Burns couldn't remember his name)
* Mike Scioscia, Roger Clemens, Don Mattingly, Steve Sax, Ozzie Smith, Wade Boggs, Ken Griffey, Jr., Darryl Strawberry and Jose Canseco, ringers for the plant softball team who were given token jobs at the plant. (Don Mattingly is cut because he didn't shave his "sideburns". Steve Sax is serving three consecutive life sentences. Jose Canseco was busy saving a woman's possessions from her burning home. Ken Griffey Jr. was diagnosed with gigantitism. Ozzie Smith appeared to have fallen off of the face of the earth. Wade Boggs is left unconscious on the floor of Moe's Tavern. Roger Clemens is hypnotized to think he is a chicken. Mike Scioscia dies from radiation poisoning. Strawberry was the only one who wound up playing.)
* Canary M. Burns, a canary who is the official head of the plant so Charles M. Burns would not get into trouble if there was unlawful activity there.
* Unnamed dog, is trained to abort the core destruct sequence when Homer presses the button while napping.
* Unnamed manatee, posed as Homer while he took his wife on vacation. He nearly died of dehydration, but fortunately, Mr. Burns and Smithers were able to keep him hydrated (by washing him like a car).
* Unnamed Chicken, took the place of Homer for a short time. Homer then gave him a good 'home' upon returning.
* Several hundred robots also work at the plant. Homer had to fire several dozen robots due to budget problems.
o Aristotle Amadopoulos, owner, Shelbyville Nuclear Power Plant
o Furious George, Burns' knife fighting monkey, a parody of Curious George
o The Pasty Faced Lawyer heads a team of expensive lawyers who regularly represent Mr Burns and the Power Plant in court.
Springfield Elementary School
* Seymour "Spanky" Skinner, principal, a.k.a. Armin Tamzarian, lives with his mother Agnes (1989-present).
o Agnes Skinner, Seymour's mother, very demanding and persuasive (1990-present).
* Superintendent Chalmers, sometime date of Agnes Skinner (1993-present).
* Leopold, Chalmers' assistant
* Nedward "Ned" Flanders, President of the Parent-Teacher Association, briefly principal when Mr. Skinner gets fired, dismissed for promoting prayer in a public school (dismissed)
* (Fake) State Comptroller Atkins (Otto in a State Comptroller Atkins suit)
* (Real) State Comptroller Atkins
* Ms. Edna Krabappel, fourth-grade teacher, former fiancée to Seymour Skinner (principal) (1990-present).
* Mrs. Audrey McConnell, third grade teacher
* Miss Elizabeth Hoover, second-grade teacher (Lisa's teacher) (1991-present).
* Mr. Dewey Largo, music teacher (1990-present).
* Mr. Schindler, art teacher
* Groundskeeper Willie, groundskeeper, all-around hero, Scottish (in the Italian version Willie has a Sardinian accent)
* Groundskeeper Seamus, Irish groundskeeper, Willie's worst enemy.
* Gravedigger Billy, Willie's cousin. Has white whiskers and a cataract in his left eye.
* Ms. Doris, lunchlady & nurse (character retired after death of voice actress Doris Grau)
* Dr. J. Loren Pryor, school psychiatrist
* Coach Fortner, alcoholic coach
* Otto Mann, bus driver, stoner, guitarist, once married, once engaged to be married, fan of Heavy Metal Music, former Springfield school President, holds record for over 15 crashes without a single fatality and almost recieved tenure at Brown University. (1990-present)
* Myra, Principal Skinner's secretary, friendly with Bart.
* Nelson Muntz, bully, known for his scornful laugh (1990-present).
o Father, former kids soccer coach, went to the store for cigarettes/pop-tarts, spent several years in the circus as a freak, and returned.
o Mother, former Hooters waitress. Got a job playing Lady Macbeth where she doesn't have to take her top off on stage, but chooses to do so anyway..
* Corky "Jimbo" Jones, bully, with wool cap and skull shirt (1990-present).
* Dolph, bully, with long bangs (1990-present).
* Kearney, bully, bald, divorced father of one; dated Jimbo's mom (1990-present).
* Francine, bully, tormentor of Lisa
* Martin Prince, nerd extraordinaire
* "Database" (nickname), nerd, with curly hair (member of "SuperFriends")
* "Ham" (nickname), nerd, with little sprout of hair (member of "SuperFriends")
* "E-Mail" (nickname), nerd (member of "SuperFriends")
* "Report Card" (nickname), nerd (member of "SuperFriends")
* "Cosine" (nickname), nerd (member of "SuperFriends")
* Wendell, nervous student, pale skin, vomits frequently due to motion sickness.
* Lewis, Bart's friend in earlier seasons
* Richard, another of Bart's friends with grey hair.
* Janey, best friend of Lisa
* Sherri and Terri, purple-haired twins, their father has a top-level position at the power plant (1990-present).
* Allison Taylor, Lisa's fellow-overachieving classmate (voiced by Winona Ryder)
* Alexis Whitney, Lisa's super-hip classmate (voiced by Lisa Kudrow)
* Rex, highly dramatic stage actor
* Tommy, breathtaking boy in Bart's class
* Üter, German exchange student, loves Chocolate
* Samantha Stankey, moved to Springfield from Phoenix, Arizona. Fell in love with Milhouse and transferred by her father to an all-girls convent school run by French-Canadian Nuns.
* Michael D'Amico, son of Fat Tony. Marge sometimes drives him home.
* Wanda, a friend of Lisa's, her husband is going to be a janitor according to a game at Lisa's slumber party.
Christmas All Year Round!
* Superdude, gerbil, (deceased)
* Nibbles, hamster
o Mrs. Nibbles, hamster, 'wife' to Nibbles, mother to and consumer of various offspring
* Lumpy, snake
* Stinky & Wrinkles, goldfish (Deceased due to Yo-Yo incident)
* Bumpy and Heidi, turtles
* Wes, dingo
* Baby Turtles, attack Willie in fake fire drill caused by Bart and Jessica Lovejoy
* Leader: Homer/Marge Simpson
* Bart Simpson
* Nelson Muntz
* Ralph Wiggum
* Leader: Kirk Van Houten
* Milhouse Van Houten
* Jimbo Jones
* Martin Prince
Model United Nations
* Nelson / Japan
* Wendell / Mexico
* Sherri / Trinidad
* Terri / Tobago (note: Trinidad and Tobago are both under the same political order, so it is fitting that the twins share this Republic.)
* Lisa / France
* Bart / Libya
* Milhouse / Poland
* Ralph / Canada
* Lewis / U.S.A
* Martin / Finland
Government, police, law
* Mary Bailey, state governor (has won at least two terms; known because she defeated C. Montgomery Burns for re-election one year).
* Mr. Atkins, state comptroller
* Bob Arnold, former Congressman (expelled for bribery charges discovered by Lisa)
* Horace Wilcox, former Congressman (died after serving since the 1930s)
* Krusty the Clown, Congressman (took Wilcox's seat)
* "Diamond Joe" Quimby, mayor
o Big Tom, mayoral bodyguard
o Ernie, mayoral bodyguard
o Homer Simpson, former mayoral bodyguard
* Sideshow Bob, Robert Underdunk Terwilliger, briefly mayor of Springfield.
* Unnamed, the three city councilmen seen in Homer's Odyssey
* Homer Simpson, owned a security company (SpringShield) and became Chief of Police after Wiggum was fired. Quit after attacked by mob.
o Lenny, former police officer and part of Homers security company.
o Carl (sometimes Karl), former police officer and part of Homers security company.
* Chief Clancy Wiggum, chief of police, sometimes chief constable of police, briefly promoted to police commissioner (1990-present).
o Lou, police sergeant, briefly promoted to chief of police. Formerly, married to Amy.
o Eddie, police officer (briefly promoted to "Lou") (1990-present).
o Pete, undercover guy assigned to infiltrate the mafia. Cover blown by Wiggum.
* Rex Banner, replaced Wiggum due to his incompetence in finding the "Beer Baron"
* Various police dogs:
* Judge Multon, veteran judge
* Judge Roy Snyder, veteran judge, known for lenient punishment (originally Jewish, then became African-American) (1990-present).
* Judge Constance Harm, newer judge, known for vindictive punishment (a Judge Judy parody) (2001-present).
* Judge Muntz, grandfather to Nelson; sentenced over 47 men to death
o Unnamed, mayor's wife (a Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis parody)
o Unnamed, mayor's numerous mistresses, including Miss Springfield
o Unnamed, mayor's secret other family, seen having brunch
o Freddy Quimby, mayor's nephew, troublemaking playboy
o Clovis Quimby, mayor's nephew (brother?)
o Roxie, mayor's secretary
o Amy, police sergeant Lou's ex-wife
* Ray Patterson, sanitation commissioner, lost to Homer Simpson in a landslide when Homer offered many extra garbage services. After promptly running out of money, Simpson solved the budget crisis by letting other American cities dump their garbage in an abandoned mine under Springfield. After the mine filled and the town was overcome with garbage, Patterson was asked to once again assume the position as sanitation commissioner, but refused. The entire town was subsequently moved a few miles down the road.
* Members of the Springfield Republican party, meet in dark evil looking castle:
o Mr. Burns
o Dr. Hibbert
o Sideshow Bob
o Bob Dole
o Rainier Wolfcastle
o Krusty the Clown
o Dracula (Count Chocula?)
o Frankenstein's monster
o Ralph Nader
o Rich Texan (Colonel Antoine "Tex" O'Hara?)
o B.T. Barlow
* Snake, a recidivist crook (hold-ups, break-ins, muggings, etc.), name refers to tattoo on arm.
* Don Vittorio DiMaggio, godfather.
* Anthony "Fat Tony" D'Amico, mob boss (Once referred as William "Fat Tony" Williams in an episode; Frankie "the Squealer" mantains that Fat Tony's first name is Marion) (1991-present).
o Michael D'Amico, Fat Tony's son.
* Joey, mob henchman.
* "Legs", mob henchman (1991-present).
* Louie, mob henchman (1991-present).
* Johnny "Tightlips", mob henchman.
* Frankie "the Squealer," mob henchman/informant.
* Koopster, mob servant.
* Robert Underdunk Terwilliger a.k.a. Sideshow Bob, tried to kill Bart Simpson and Krusty the Clown (1990-present).
* Cecil Terwilliger, Sideshow Bob's brother (voiced by David Hyde Pierce, also a parody of his Frasier character Niles Crane).
* Lucille Botzkowski (Mrs. Botz), Evil Babysitter Bandit who Bart and Lisa catch but is idiotically freed by Homer.
* Malloy the 'Cat Burglar' (voiced by actor Sam Neill) in 'Homer the Vigilante'.
* (In Daydream) Homer as Don Homer.
* Dr Collosus, Germanic supervillain once married to Stacy Lovell, creator of the Malibu Stacy doll. Exceptionally incompetent, and constantly foiled by his greatest strength, yet ultimate weakness: his "amazing Colloso-Boots". His secret lair is located on "Death Mountain", but he was forbidden to go there by the police upon his release from prison.
* Lionel Hutz, incompetent lawyer and one time real estate broker. Differs from Gil in that he doesn't become nervous. (retired after the death of Phil Hartman)
* Unnamed, corporate attorney, nasally and pasty-faced lawyer with blue hair. Differs from Hutz in that he is actually competent. Belongs to Luvem and Burnem, Family law as seen in the 300th episode.
* Gil, incompetent lawyer, as well as incompetent salesman of real estate, cars, shoes, doorbells, computers (a parody of Jack Lemmon's character in the movie Glengarry Glen Ross)
* Colonel Antoine "Tex" O'Hara, also known as "Rich Texan", oil tycoon, former owner Springfield Isotopes, former owner She's The Fastest greyhound, owner traveling carnival, humidor maker, owner of "Stained-glass bathrobe" and "World's Fattest Racehorse."
* Howard K. Duff VIII, owner Duff Beer, owner Springfield Isotopes.
* Barry "Duffman" Duffman, product promoter (current holder of the title, others were Larry & Sid)
* Jack Larson, president Laramie Cigarettes.
* Lindsey Naegle, entrepreneur, alcoholic, sexual predator.
* Cookie Kwan, successful Korean-American realtor (Cookie's "number one on the West Side").
* Jeff Albertson, a.k.a. Comic Book Guy, owner of the Android's Dungeon Comics & Baseball Card Shop. Characters call him "Comic Book Guy", his actual name was revealed in the 2005 episode #1602 "Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass". Prior to this episode, Matt Groening suggested his name was "Louis Lane", but this name was never used in a Simpsons episode. (1991-present).
* Unnamed "Yes" guy, restauranteur, waiter, salesclerk, and election-day poll worker (a Frank Nelson parody). He explains his condition by saying that he had a stroke. There was a Brazilian version of the "yes guy" in the episode where the Simpsons go to find Ronaldo the orphan. He said "sim" which is Portuguese for "yes."
* Akira, restauranteur behind the Happy Sumo; and part-time martial-art teacher (Voiced by George Takei).
* John, gay antiques owner of store in Springfield Mall (voiced by John Waters).
* Captain Horatio McCallister (The Sea Captain), restauranteur behind the Frying Dutchman and charter boat operator. In court, it was proven that he is not actually a real captain, although he has been seen piloting various vessels over the course of the series. He was responsible for helping young Homer cross a lake at his summer camp to meet Marge for the first time. In several episodes he has been shown to have a prosthetic leg, a glass eye (occasionally two), a problem with alcohol, to be bisexual (when not engaging in bestiality), and to suffer from crippling depression. His catch phrase is a piratical "Yaaaarr".
* Squeaky Voiced Teen, nameless, fills various positions at entry-level part-time jobs around Springfield.
* 'Mom', tough girl at Mom and Pop's hardware store, onetime girlfriend of squeaky-voiced teen (who was 'Pop' in the same store).
* Herman, one-armed veteran, owner Herman's Military Antiques and a smuggler of cheaply-made counterfeit jeans.
Christmas All Year Round!
* Professor John Frink, scientist, inventor, entrepreneur, and ex-lecturer at the University of Springfield (based on Jerry Lewis' character in The Nutty Professor).
* Goose Gladwell, eccentric Willy Wonkaesque clothing and novelty store entrepreneur who screws Bart on a business deal.
* Unnamed sunglasses salesman, "That guy who sells those Blue Blocker sunglasses people sometimes wear."
* Unnamed "Khlav Khalash" guy, sells meat on a stick and crab juice to Homer in New York City, and is seen in the Russian district of Springfield when Lisa catches the bus to the museum.
* Arthur Fortune, Springfield billionaire, rival to Mr. Burns (Parody of Richard Branson).
* Frank Ormand, pretzel franchise owner, voiced by Jack Lemmon (and therefore one of at least two Simpsons characters' 'parody of a parody', in that Mr Lemmon's character is similar to that of Gil, who is already parodying Mr Lemmon's character in Glengarry, Glen Ross).
* Professor John Frink Senior, swashbuckling scientist (a la Indiana Jones), zombie and serial murderer, voiced by Jerry Lewis. Another circular parody, as the character of Professor John Frink (Jr) is based upon a Jerry Lewis character.
Local media personalities
* Krusty the Clown, Herschel Schmoikel Pinkus Krustofski, entertainer (1990-present).
o Rabbi Hyman Krustofski, rabbi and Krusty's formerly estranged father.
o Sophie, Krusty's illegitimate daughter with a former soldier.
o an unnamed and unrecognized son who looks a lot like Krusty.
o Lois Pennycandy, Krusty's personal assistant.
* Sideshow Bob, Robert Underdunk Terwilliger, former sidekick of Krusty, repeat attempted-murderer, fraudulently elected mayor of Springfield for a short time (voiced by Kelsey Grammer). Threatened to detonate a nuclear weapon unless all television stations in Springfield stopped broadcasting. All of his plans have been foiled by Bart. Quote: "To be fair, I've never actually killed anyone."
o Cecil Terwilliger, Bob's jealous (and probably more competent at killing people) younger brother, who once tried to kill Sideshow Bob, Lisa and Bart. Voiced by David Hyde Pierce, who also plays as the brother of Kelsey Grammer's character in Frasier.
* Sideshow Mel, Melvin Van Horn, Bob's humble but eloquent replacement (and one-time juror).
* Sideshow Raheem, an angry, angry young man.
* Sideshow Luke Perry, Krusty's "worthless half-brother."
* Mr. Teeny, trained monkey on Krusty's show, uncle was former head monkey at the ministry of tourism in Brazil; there have been three Mr. Teenys that died who have been used by Krusty.
* Corporal Punishment, background player on Krusty's show.
* Tina Ballerina, another Krusty regular.
* Ms. No Means No, mandatory Krusty add-on after a sexual harassment suit.
* Kent Brockman, local anchorman for KBBL-TV (Channel 6), real name Kenny Brockelstein.
o Has a sister who is a Washington correspondent for CNN.
* Arnie Pie, "Arnie in the Sky," disgruntled Channel 6 traffic helicopter reporter
* Bumblebee Man, Spanish language television host on KMEX-TV (Channel Ocho), real name likely Pedro.
o Emma, Bumblebee Man's ex-wife.
* Unnamed actor, portrays the hard-nosed character McGarnagle on television and/or in movies.
* Roger Meyers, Jr., chairman of "Itchy and Scratchy International."
o Roger Meyers, Sr., founder of "Itchy and Scratchy International."
* Chester J. Lampwick, creator of cartoon character "Itchy" and cartoon violence.
* June Bellamy, the voice of cartoon characters Itchy & Scratchy (a June Foray reference).
* Scott Christian, substitute anchor for Kent Brockman when the latter is in the field.
* Gabbo, a mouthy television puppet who was cancelled after insulting Springfield on air.
* Boobarella, a scary-movie-marathon hostess (parody of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark).
* Troy McClure, washed-up movie star (1991-1998, Retired after the death of Phil Hartman)
o MacArthur Parker, McClure's agent (voiced by Jeff Goldblum)
* Rainier Wolfcastle, a.k.a. McBain, famous action hero and based on Arnold Schwarzenegger (1991-present)
o Maria, wife, likely a reference to Schwarzenegger's wife, Maria Shriver
o Greta, daughter (voiced by Reese Witherspoon)
o Fritz Schnackenpfefferhausen, owner of a sausage company in whose commercial Rainier first appeared on television
o Corporal Obergruppenfuehrer Wolfcastle, announcer for Wolfcastle's late night talk show Up Late with McBain, possibly related
o Skoey [sp.?], a character from a McBain movie; was also the "music guy" for Up Late with McBain
* Buck McCoy, aging Spaghetti Western cowboy legend
* Señor Spielbergo, director, Steven Spielberg's non-union Mexican equivalent
* Laszlo Panaflex, unseen personality whose star is next to McClure's on the Springfield Walk of Fame
* Various radio stations include:
o KBBL-FM, typical FM music format
o KBBL-AM, "K-Babble", all talk radio
o KOMA-AM, "Coma", restful easy listening
o KFSL-FM, "K-Fossil", classic rock
o KUDD-AM, "Cud" (as in cows), country/western
o KJAZ-AM, mostly jazz
o WOMB, "warm and safe radio..."
o KZMB-AM "All Zombie Radio"
* Bill and Marty, radio team on KBBL-AM
* "Jerry Rude and the Bathroom Bunch" with shock-jock Jerry Rude (a Howard Stern parody, name a parody of "Dick Lamb and the Breakfast Bunch" in Hampton Roads, VA)
* "Moleman in the Morning" with Hans Moleman, on KJAZ
* "Gabbin' About God" on KBBL-AM with Rev. Timothy Lovejoy, Rabbi Hyman Krustovsky, and Msgr. Kenneth Daly
* Birch Barlow, Birchibald T. Barlow, host of conservative call-in show on KBBL-AM (a Rush Limbaugh parody; name reminiscent of "John Birch"), seen buying drugs at Marge's "garage sale."
* Dr. Marvin Monroe, call-in psychiatrist on KBBL-AM (once thought deceased, merely very ill)
Christmas All Year Round!
* Bleeding Gums Murphy, jazz musician (deceased)
* Lurleen Lumpkin, country western singer/songwriter, currently in rehab
* The Be Sharps, Grammy winning barbershop quartet (consisting of Homer, Apu, Skinner and Barney - and Chief Wiggum who left/got thrown out before they became famous). A parody of The Beatles.
* Party Posse, boyband (consisting of Bart, Milhouse, Nelson and Ralph)
* Rachel Jordan/Kovenant, Christian rock
* The Larry Davis Experience, frequent live performers at local functions
* Alcatraaaz, rap musician
* Cyanide, Poison cover band that plays Otto and Becky's wedding
* Hooray for Everything, performed the Super Bowl halftime show
* Pious Riot, the converted remains of Quiet Riot, who claim to have played more state fairs than the Beatles
Sports & other personalities
* Anton Lubchenko, football kicker for Springfield University
* Drederick Tatum, professional heavy-weight boxer (and convicted felon). Parody of boxer Mike Tyson.
* Lucius Sweet, professional boxing promoter (parody of boxing manager / promoter, Don King)
* Rasputin the Friendly Russian, formerly the Mad Russian, professional wrestler
* Dr. Hillbilly, professional wrestler
* Iron Yuppie, professional wrestler
* Professor Werner von Brawn, professional wrestler
* Uncle Slam, professional wrestler
* Rumbelina, professional wrestler
* Osama bin Rotten, professional wrestler
* "Secretary of Hate" Colin KaPow, professional wrestler
* Clay Bab****, two-time Fast Car champion
* Ronnie Beck, three-time soapbox derby champion
* Stan "The Boy" Taylor, football player, Springfield Atoms
* Flash Bailey, baseball player, Springfield Isotopes
* The Capital City Goofball, baseball mascot and inspiration to Homer
* Captain Lance Murdock, daredevil
* Box Car Fred (and various other hobos), boxing runner-ups
* Disco Stu, 70s disco king who always wears leisure suits
* Hank Scorpio, supervillain and very considerate and friendly employer
* Señor Ding-Dong, one time marketing gimmick
* Pin Pals (consisting of Homer, Apu, Moe, and Otto, before he was replaced by Mr. Burns)
* The Holy Rollers (consisting of Ned, Maude and the Lovejoys), disbanded when Maude died.
* The Stereotypes (consisting of Willy, Capt. McAllister, Luigi Risotto and Cletus)
* The Homewreckers (consisting of Jacques, Princess Kashmir, Lurleen Lumpkin and Mindy Simmons)
* DMV Regulation Kings (consisting of Patty, Selma, and two other DMV employees)
* Channel 6 Wastelanders (consisting of Kent Brockman, Arnie Pie, Krusty and Bumblebee man)
* Springfield Police Framers (consisting of Wiggum, Lou, Eddie and Snake) (disbanded)
* Moe Szyslak, owner and proprieter (possibly Mommar Szyslak or Morris Szyslak )
* Barney Gumble, former boozehound
* Homer Simpson
* Carl Carlson
* Lenny Leonard
* Sam, barfly, with green hat and glasses
* Larry, barfly, taller & balding
* Hugh Jass
* Guy Incognito, a man who looks exactly like Homer, though with a mustache. He wears a tuxedo and top hat, and speaks in an exaggerated tone.
* Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo (also an alias of Homer Simpson's)
* Springfield General Hospital
* Marvin Monroe Memorial Hospital
o Springfield Center for Geriatric Medicine
* Calmwood Mental Hospital
* New Bedlam Asylum (aka "New Bedlam Rest Home for the Emotionally Interesting")
* Dr. Julius Hibbert, doctor (originally a Bill Cosby parody). Rumored to be the long-lost brother of Bleeding Gums Murphy
* Dr. Nick Riviera, doctor, shifty in nature, incompetent. Known for his catchphrase "Hi, everybody!" His audiences would answer, "Hi, Doctor Nick!"
* Dr. Wolfe, dentist
* Dr. Marvin Monroe, psychiatrist (once thought deceased, merely very ill)
* Mervin Monroe, the tattoo artist from Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire, Marvin's brother.
* Dr. J. Loren Pryor, psychiatrist
* Dr. Foster, psychiatrist
* Dr. Sally Waxler, psychiatrist (mentioned by Milhouse)
* Dr. Molly Cosmos, cosmetic surgeon
* Dr. Steve (Chiropractor)
* Dr. Steffi (Chiropractor; never seen, but mentioned by Dr. Steve)
* Dr. Zweig, Psychiatrist (Marge mistakenly referred to her as Dr. Lowenstein)
Gentleman and Scholar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Redhill, Surrey
I know nothing about Psychology, i think Freud is how the Irish like their eggs!
...and just who is Forthy???
Christmas All Year Round!
^ I typed all that... i promise .
Even thou it was annoying with the 10,000 Character (not simpson characters ) limit
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|