kustomlogo  

Go Back   Kustom PC's Forums > Shop > Articles / Guides

Old 17-03-2010, 16:59   #151
Graeme*Kustom*
Administrator

I hope to try this myself in the future... somehow, although I don't have the Digital Everywhere tuner card any longer.

Have been making enquiries for the Avermedia sat tuner and CI module so hopefully if we can get those soon I'll be able to try out this technique for getting the white cards working.

Want to link to Kustom? Banners are here.
Follow our tweets ... Like our facebook page... Check out our vids
Why 'prosg' is the new 'ready'
Graeme*Kustom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 13:03   #152
shaggy91

Hi,

New poster - not new to htpcs......

For some time I was watching sky through media center using a digital everywhere card and dragon cam - then the white card came along and trashed my party.

So to get round this I have purchased a Dreambox 500-s. (can be searched for)

The dreambox has been flashed with new firmware...:-

http://www.dreamboxtool.com/PLi-Imag...0+--plus-.html

and plugged into the network via RJ45.

Now some software from dvblogic (which you have to pay for after the trial has run out):-

http://www.dvblogic.com/download/DVBLinkTVSource.zip

next a copy of the decyption software which i cannot supply a link to but look for Hadu.

A valid sky card is needed.

Now i'm working from memory here but you need to set up your dreambox so its tuned in. Next get the box to download and install cccam and newcs.
At this point going from memory is difficult. I know it took me 2 weeks as the dreambox is linux based, i needed the right software and cable to flash the dreambox to the correct firmware. Then give the Dreambox a static ip address, had to read alot of forums to work out how to setup the config file on the dreambox and the config file with hadu (though there is a tool to help you floating on the web - http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/d...g-creator.html

What you are essentially doing here is illegal in that you are technically cardsharing. the fact that you are not sharing your card with anyone outside of the router is immaterial. With this setup you *could* have 2,3 or 4 sat cards in your pc and have them set up to decrypt from your one sky card in the dreambox. That means one subscription and multiple recordings or, with and xbox360, multiroom. And sky will not like losing revenue in this way so i suppose its better that I have led you some way on the journey but the rest you'll have to figure out.

It is possible but you still have to -recharge- your sky card every 2 months in the original box. Fortunatley the dreambox software can read the card and tell you when your entitlement will run out - just remember to recharge it before it runs out or else you'll be phoning sky to explain your card has stopped working and not trying to tell them its because your using a dreambox.

Good luck

Shaggy

Last edited by Graeme*Kustom*; 07-05-2010 at 14:29.
shaggy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 14:29   #153
Graeme*Kustom*
Administrator

Hi Shaggy

Thanks for this useful info - it's still an area I want to revisit myself soon, will certainly take your points on board and hopefully we can do a detailed guide to bring this up to date again.

Want to link to Kustom? Banners are here.
Follow our tweets ... Like our facebook page... Check out our vids
Why 'prosg' is the new 'ready'
Graeme*Kustom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 16:33   #154
win7-demon

Just to confirm that the Diablo Cam Version 2.3 using Underworld 198 firmware, is working for the new Sky WHITE cards.

Was previously using Dragon -T-Rex Pred 3.69, all died on me, recieved Diablo Cam and all is well.
win7-demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 22:32   #155
master baits
real name Juan Kerr

Just a heads up people there seems to be a problem with over volted readers burning cards out.

IMS - the card should be 2.2 v and the cam is 3.6 or something , or maybe its the dreambox reader i read about...cant mind but i would suggest anyone messing with networking the dreambox as a card sharer get a bit clued up.....obviously I am not 100 percent certain as I dont do much with cards anymore.

Vista rig
asus p5e deluxe wifi, 2gig xms , intel e6600, 300 gig sata, Asus blw 1814 blt dvdr , Palit gf 8800 gts , Aoc 19 widescreen tv/lcd.
Notebook
Rock Pegasus TI 1.7 512mb widescreen notebook
master baits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 19:09   #156
shaggy91

Hi,
yes you do have to be careful not to burn out your sky card in the dreambox - thats why a recommend a pli jade image (firmware), cccam 2.1.2 and newcs 1.66 on the dreambox - the cccam and newcs can be downloaded from the menu built in to the dreambox.

Then find a cccam config setup script that some kind chappie has written that will set the clockspeed just right to the sky cards needs.

Everytime I think about making any adjustments to the setup i shudder at the thought as i need to relearn all the commands again - f lines, n lines etc.

I have been toying with updating to cccam 2.1.4 but would need to rewrite the config file again and manually as i don't think there is a script out there for the 2.1.4 cccam config creation. Will need to hang around the cardsharing forums again and ask some questions.

On a side note i have noticed predator 3.80 is out and about - has anyone tried this with a white sly card? It apparently has an entry in the file for the card.....

Cheers

Shaggy
shaggy91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: