No announcement yet.

watercooling??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol well i would b able 2 afford more i just didnt c it as necessary soooo if you guys say spend more what parts would you reccomend for a maximum of 250??
    www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

ok people ive started having a look and i like the xspc 250mm blue reservoir 26.99
      and the laing v4 12v 51.99

but i need help on other parts ive decided that if im going to spend more i may aswell cool other parts. so i want to cool , cpu, nb, graphics, and maby ram if theres enough money.

and also can someone either give me pointers as to how to set the whole thing up or is there a website at all??

cheers
      www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

don't bother with cooling the northbridge or the RAM, you won't see the benefit and your flow will drop significantly, which will hamper the cooling on the CPU/GPU.

As for radiators, look at the Thermochill ones. I have a Laing DDC Ultra pump, which was worth the money. Have a look for Mullet's posts, I think he has a thread on here about what he did with his watercooled system.

Cheers,
        Stephen
        Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7, AMD Phenom x6 1090T, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 2x Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC in Crossfire, 240GB Samsung 840 SSD, 2x1TB drives in a RAID-1 array, LG GGCH20L BD/HD-DVD ROM & Samsung SH-S203B SATA DVD-RWs, Dell U2711 27" Widescreen TFT, Corsair 700D case, Corsair HX850 PSU. Watercooled with a Thermochill TA120.3 Radiator, Aquacomputer cuplex kryos HF CPU block and Alphacool DDC Pump

Macbook Pro, 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, High-res anti-glare 15" screen, 512GB SSD

Comment

klkl thanks ill have a look k ill not bother with nb and ram.

cheers
          www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

what cpu and gpu waterblocks would you guys reccomend i will b getting a connect 3d x1950xt 256.

cheers
            www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

anybody any ideas??

cheers
              www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

ok people i want your opinion on this spec.

cpu waterblock: zalman zmwb4 gold @31.67

gpu waterblock: aquacomputer x1900/x1950 @57

pump : alphacool ddc 12v pro @ 35.89

radiator: black ice gt stealth @30.49

fans: 2x thermaltake 120mm uv @3.51 each

reservoir: xspc 150mm blue @ 22.49

tubing: xspc uv helix coils 10mm @1.74

what ya think??

cheers
                www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

I think you need to take a look at your barb sizes and tube diameters. You're mixing and matching a bit there. Aquacomputing use smaller tubing than other stuff. Typically you will be looking at either 3/8" or 1/2" inner diameter tubing. You may also see 7/16", which can be used with 1/2" diameter barbs.

Cheers,
                  Stephen
                  Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7, AMD Phenom x6 1090T, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 2x Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC in Crossfire, 240GB Samsung 840 SSD, 2x1TB drives in a RAID-1 array, LG GGCH20L BD/HD-DVD ROM & Samsung SH-S203B SATA DVD-RWs, Dell U2711 27" Widescreen TFT, Corsair 700D case, Corsair HX850 PSU. Watercooled with a Thermochill TA120.3 Radiator, Aquacomputer cuplex kryos HF CPU block and Alphacool DDC Pump

Macbook Pro, 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, High-res anti-glare 15" screen, 512GB SSD

Comment

Right if your saying 250 is your top budget you could get:

Dangerden TDX cpu block 35

Thermochill PA 120.2 Radiator 49.94

DDc ultra with a petra top 69

XSPC clear bay Reservoir 20

EK-FCX1900 X1800/X1900 GPU block 49
                    (not sure if it fits a x1950)

1/2" hose about 9

10 Jubilee clips 3

And it all comes to about 235 without postage+packing , and without any additives but may I suggest two bottles of mct 5, its great stuff. Oh and its all 1/2" stuff with the connectors included. Should keep your system nice and cool.
                    Uber Rig DFI P35 (the green one), OCZ 2GB PC2-8500 @ 1080mhz it 5-5-5-15 , X3210 @ 3.6ghz 450x8, Corsair 750w PSU, Palit 8800gts (640mb) @ 630/2000 , 6 160gb hdds and seriously watercooled in a lian li V2000

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jez View Post
                      I think you need to take a look at your barb sizes and tube diameters. You're mixing and matching a bit there. Aquacomputing use smaller tubing than other stuff. Typically you will be looking at either 3/8" or 1/2" inner diameter tubing. You may also see 7/16", which can be used with 1/2" diameter barbs.

Cheers,
                      Stephen
                      Aye...hope you don't mind me chipping in...

The price difference between a PA120.2 and Pa120.3 in minimal. What case are you using, might be worrth adding the details to this thread....what motherboard are you using?

If you can squeeze a 120.3 radiator into your build all the better bud...the PA series rads are recognised as the best performers available and also lowest restriction...easy decision to make in my book.

The DDC-Ultra pump with a Petra's top is a nice choice of pump (I am using that very pump/top combo) and it reduced the form factor of the pump. However...you will not be able to have the inlet and outlet fitted on the pump side as you do with the normal DDC top....and you will also lose the option of mounting the pump in a drive FDD bay.

For the best possible performance inlet should be in the pump top....ala Petra/alphacool.

I am also using 7/16ths tubing....is a very tight fit on the barbs and if you need to remove the tube from the barb the only way you can do it is by cutting the pipe off...this also has major benefits in terms of the seal you get between tube and barb.

EK full cover blocks are nice....I am obviously biased but that would be my choice.
                      Antec Mini-P180
                      Core i7 920 DO stepping, 6GB Patriot DDR3,
                      2 750GB F1 Spinpoints in RAID 1, Asus ATi 5870, Dell 2405W, X-fi Fatal1ty, Asus GENE II, Enermax Modu82 625W, Saitek Eclipse, Logi. G500 and Z5400s

Comment

rite ok the full spec of the computer that i am building is as follows
                        cpu: intel core 2 duo e6600
                        mobo: asus p5b deluxe
                        gpu: connect 3d x1950xt 256mb
                        ram:geil 2gb
                        psu: hiper type r 530w
                        case: thermaltake eclipse dv (midi) with dvd drive and window

that should b all you need probably more but better safe than sorry. lol
                        what do ya suggest with that?

cheers.
                        www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

I used to have an eclipse....PA120.2 is all u can fit in the case top unless you fit the radiator externally. I'd probably go with the PA120.2 as it has sufficient cooling capacity if you are only planning to cool the CPU and GPU. In comparison with the Akasa eclipse what are the measurements of the case top?

If you go for a PA120.2, get yourself a FG120.2 (fangrill) and use it as a template for cutting the holes and drilling for the screw holes. Like this:

It makes life much easier. And I ended up measuring 3cms from the case front (not to front of plastic cover on the front of the case to where the metal part of the case ends) to the centre of the first set of fangrill holes and also 3cms from the side (windowed side) to the centre of the screw holes in the side of the fan grill.

Hope that helps
                          Last edited by Mullet; 09-03-2007, 00:13.
                          Antec Mini-P180
                          2 750GB F1 Spinpoints in RAID 1, Asus ATi 5870, Dell 2405W, X-fi Fatal1ty, Asus GENE II, Enermax Modu82 625W, Saitek Eclipse, Logi. G500 and Z5400s

Comment

ok thanks i think ill probably go for the spec that daza has set out if you guys think that is a good spec. thanks for all the help. i will keep a log when ive bought all the parts along with the building of the pc it self it could b a while though as im having to buy it piece by piece monthly as im only a sixth former and only clean at college. lol

cheers.
                            www.g0studio.co.uk

Comment

Hey it took me 6 months to buy my current rig oh btw I have that rad,cpu block,res,pump and an ek 8800gts block and I can say without hesitation there good.
                              Uber Rig DFI P35 (the green one), OCZ 2GB PC2-8500 @ 1080mhz it 5-5-5-15 , X3210 @ 3.6ghz 450x8, Corsair 750w PSU, Palit 8800gts (640mb) @ 630/2000 , 6 160gb hdds and seriously watercooled in a lian li V2000

Comment

I'd probably go for everything Daza has suggested except CPU block.

I'd go for the AquaXtreme MP05-LE....though the TDX is a cracking block too.
                                Antec Mini-P180

Comment

Working...
                                X